Translate

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fundraising Progress Update

OK! I've met my fundraising goal! whoooo-hooo! Thank you guys so much for your support! It feels amazing to have all of you behind me and cheering me on. I'm so amped to get started on my training. I'll be leaving for Colorado in 5 days.

I'll be going to Breckenridge and Copper for the most parts because they both have 22-footer half pipes.
Copper has an awesome indoor facility and training programs at Woodward, and..... unfortunately I didn't take that into my fundraising consideration. And now I need to raise an additional $228 before January 2nd. There are a couple of classes Woodward is offering that I think will be INCREDIBLY beneficial and will help boost my chances to win the gold tenfold:

The two classes are:


Wednesday
6:15-7:45pm Adult Snowflex & Trampoline – This class is for anyone over 18 years of age. Classes alternate between Trampolines and Snowflex each week working on air awareness, rotations and inverted/off-axis progressions.

Thursday
4:15-5:45pm Snowboard/Ski Strength & Conditioning - This class is designed to train sport specific movements, i.e. movements that closely resemble those in snowboarding and skiing. These movements will train your body to move more efficiently and react more quickly while on snow. In addition, these movements will help to reduce the risk of injury by strengthening muscles, tendons and bones.

See website for additional information and overview:
http://www.woodwardatcopper.com/site/tour-woodward/wac-blog/winter-classes-start-soon

The Snowflex and Trampoline classes will cost $129 dollars and the Strength and Conditioning class will cost $99 dollars. Both will be once a week for 8 sessions.

So for all of youse who didn't get the chance to help out, this is it! I know it's a bit of a last minute notice, but I need to raise an additional $228 dollars BEFORE Jan 2nd. These classes will help max out my abilities and be the best competitor I can be!

There are three different ways you can help out;

by snail mail- send a check in my name, Jennifer Berrigan, to my address to:
2661 Briar Cliff Dr.,
Highland, MI 48357

by snail mail- send a check to "us-2011 team" with my name, Jennifer Berrigan, in the memo to:
USA Deaf Sports Federation
PO Box 910338
Lexington, KY 40591

OR

by paypal! my e-mail address is mysticalcurls@yahoo.com

Thanks you all for the support! Keep on being awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment