Translate

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello from..

Colorado! Today marks day 4 of my training! On my first day of riding on the new years day, I went to Copper and only braved a few laps.. because..
it was negative -10 degrees with the wind chill of -30! BRR! We did pretty good considering the conditions, we took 4 runs before calling it quits. Good thing came out of it though, I discovered how stiff and FAST, but stable, my new Burton Feelgood ES board (the blue deck behind me on the ground) is. It's going to be excellent for boarder cross and halfpipe! I am not 100% comfortable on this board because I'm more used to softer board that I can just play around on. This board is SERIOUS and means business! I'm really glad I'm here in Colorado, and I have a little over a month to train.

Today I went to Breckenridge and focused my riding in the halfpipe for most of the day with my other board, the softer kind, to become acclimated to the feel of the halfpipe before using the Feelgood ES. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable in the pipe by the end of the day, but I still have a ways to go!

1 comment:

  1. Dude! Awesome. But that's SOOO cold! Good luck with your training & keep us posted on how it's going :)

    ReplyDelete