Translate

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Training Progress

Today marks exactly 2 weeks since I've been here in Colorado. I only have a month left here, and holy crap time is flying. Where's the emergency brake?!

I've been riding the half pipe at Breckenridge which is a 22 footer, a step up from last year's 18 footer. The half pipe feels real nice and smooth, but I have yet to get out of the pipe. I've been getting some advices from my peers, so I'll be applying some adjustments when I ride again tomorrow.

As for the boarder cross training aspect, I've been doing some night riding at Keystone, which is prime time for some high speed riding. I'm more and more comfortable with the high speed without speed checking and absorbing the rollers with my knees to prevent losing speed. There's a HUGE boarder cross competition coming up next weekend at Copper, and to be quite honest, I'm a bit intimidated. There will be a lot of the people are hardcore boardercrossers. I wonder how I will rank against people like that? Well, there's only one way to find out, right? The registration fee will be $125 dollars. The $228 dollars I was able to raise recently will go toward this fee since the classes at Woodward did not come through. There weren't enough people that signed up for the classes so they had to cancel the classes. Soooo, the remaining $103 dollars will go toward drop-in sessions ($30 dollars per sessions) at Woodward and the gym membership at recreation center near where I'm staying. It's a fair trade-off, wouldn't you say?

Not a day goes by that I don't think about my awesome supporters who helped make this possible. Thank you all SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment